Jump to Main Content
- Yusupova, Yuliya R.; Skripnikova, Victoria S.; Kivero, Alexandr D.; Zakataeva, Natalia P.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2020 v.104 no.7 pp. 2957-2972
- 5'-nucleotidase; Bacillus amyloliquefaciens; Bacillus subtilis; Escherichia coli; adenosine monophosphate; biotechnology; clones; cytidine monophosphate; deoxyribonucleosides; dephosphorylation; genes; guanosine monophosphate; inosine monophosphate; phosphates; riboflavin; sequence homology; substrate specificity
- ... 5’-Nucleotidases (EC 188.8.131.52) are enzymes that catalyze the hydrolytic dephosphorylation of 5′-ribonucleotides and 5′-deoxyribonucleotides to their corresponding nucleosides plus phosphate. In the present study, to search for new genes encoding 5′-nucleotidases specific for purine nucleotides in industrially important Bacillus species, “shotgun” cloning and the direct selection of recombinant clon ...
- PubMed Central:
- Gaucher, Floriane; Rabah, Houem; Kponouglo, Koffigan; Bonnassie, Sylvie; Pottier, Sandrine; Dolivet, Anne; Marchand, Pierre; Jeantet, Romain; Blanc, Philippe; Jan, Gwénaël
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2020 v.104 no.7 pp. 3145-3156
- Propionibacterium freudenreichii; bacteria; betaine; cell viability; cheese ripening; death; energy efficiency; freeze drying; glycine (amino acid); heat; nonprotein nitrogen; osmotolerance; oxidative stress; probiotics; spray drying; stress tolerance; trehalose
- ... Propionibacterium freudenreichii is a beneficial bacterium widely used in food as a probiotic and as a cheese-ripening starter. In these different applications, it is produced, dried, and stored before being used. Both freeze-drying and spray-drying were considered for this purpose. Freeze-drying is a discontinuous process that is energy-consuming but that allows high cell survival. Spray-drying i ...
- PubMed Central: