Jump to Main Content
- Sengupta, Dipanjan; Datta, Sriparna; Biswas, Dipa
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2018 v.102 no.4 pp. 1587-1598
- bacteria; biofilm; exopolysaccharides; genetic engineering; humans; industry; intrinsic factors; metabolites; physicochemical properties
- ... Bacterial extracellular polymeric substances, which are basically bacterial metabolites, have currently become a subject of great concern of modern day microbiologists and biotechnologists. Among these metabolites, bacterial exopolysaccharides or EPS, in particular, have gained a significant importance. EPS are formed by the bacteria in their late exponential or stationary phase of growth under sp ...
- Hsu, Yunhan; Koizumi, Hirohiko; Otagiri, Masato; Moriya, Shigeharu; Arioka, Manabu
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2018 v.102 no.4 pp. 1737-1747
- Pichia pastoris; Reticulitermes speratus; beta-mannosidase; catalytic activity; galactomannans; glucomannans; guar gum; hindgut; hydrophobicity; locust bean gum; models; mutants; phytomass; protists; substrate specificity; sugars; yeasts
- ... Symbiotic protists in the hindgut of termites provide a novel enzymatic resource for efficient lignocellulytic degradation of plant biomass. In this study, two β-mannanases, RsMan26A and RsMan26B, from a symbiotic protist community of the lower termite, Reticulitermes speratus, were successfully expressed in the methylotrophic yeast, Pichia pastoris. Biochemical characterization experiments demons ...