Jump to Main Content
- Saha, Badal C.; Racine, F. Michael
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2011 v.89 no.4 pp. 879
- NAD (coenzyme); NADP (coenzyme); acetic acid; chemical industry; crystallization; enzymes; fermentation; foods; fructose; glucose; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; mannitol; yeasts
- ... Mannitol, a naturally occurring polyol (sugar alcohol), is widely used in the food, pharmaceutical, medical, and chemical industries. The production of mannitol by fermentation has become attractive because of the problems associated with its production chemically. A number of homo- and heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria (LAB), yeasts, and filamentous fungi are known to produce mannitol. In p ...
- Li, Meng; Cao, Huiluo; Hong, Yiguo; Gu, Ji-Dong
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2011 v.89 no.4 pp. 1243-1254
- ammonia; bacteria; biological treatment; community structure; environmental factors; enzymes; genes; hydrazine; mangrove forests; nitrification; nutrients; pH; salinity; sediments; trees; wetlands; China
- ... We investigated the diversity, spatial distribution, and abundances of ammonia-oxidizing archaea (AOA) and ammonia-oxidizing bacteria (AOB) in sediment samples of different depths collected from a transect with different distances to mangrove forest in the territories of Hong Kong. Both the archaeal and bacterial amoA genes (encoding ammonia monooxygenase subunit A) from all samples supported dist ...
- PubMed Central: