Jump to Main Content
- Farine, S.; Versluis, C.; Bonnici, P.J.; Heck, A.; L'Homme, C.; Puigserver, A.; Biagini, A.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2001 v.55 no.1 pp. 55-60
- anion exchange chromatography; bakers yeast; beta-fructofuranosidase; equipment; fructans; fructose; glucose; hydrolysis; pH; sodium acetate; sucrose; toluene
- ... Baker's yeast invertase was found to catalyse transfructosylation reactions in aqueous and anhydrous organic media with sucrose as a substrate, leading to the formation of five intermediate fructans in addition to the release of D-glucose (D-Glc) and D-fructose (D-Fru). All the reaction products were separated and quantitatively estimated using high performance anion exchange-pulsed amperometric d ...
- Govinden, R.; Pillay, B.; Van Zyl, W.H.; Pillay, D.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2001 v.55 no.1 pp. 76-80
- Candida shehatae; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Scheffersomyces stipitis; electroporation; galactose; genes; glucose; maltose; promoter regions; xylitol; xylose
- ... The xylose reductase gene (XYL1) was isolated from Pichia stipitis and Candida shehatae, cloned into YEp-based vectors under the control of ADH2 and PGK1 promoter/terminator cassettes and introduced into Saccharomyces cerevisiae Y294 by electroporation. Shake-flask fermenatations were carried out with 5% xylose and 1% galactose, glucose or maltose as co-substrates. Xylose uptake was similar in bot ...