Jump to Main Content
- Farine, S.; Versluis, C.; Bonnici, P.J.; Heck, A.; L'Homme, C.; Puigserver, A.; Biagini, A.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2001 v.55 no.1 pp. 55-60
- anion exchange chromatography; bakers yeast; beta-fructofuranosidase; equipment; fructans; fructose; glucose; hydrolysis; pH; sodium acetate; sucrose; toluene
- ... Baker's yeast invertase was found to catalyse transfructosylation reactions in aqueous and anhydrous organic media with sucrose as a substrate, leading to the formation of five intermediate fructans in addition to the release of D-glucose (D-Glc) and D-fructose (D-Fru). All the reaction products were separated and quantitatively estimated using high performance anion exchange-pulsed amperometric d ...
- Pastor, F.I.J.; Pujol. X.; Blanco, A.; Vidal, T.; Torres, A.L.; Diaz, P.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2001 v.55 no.1 pp. 61-68
- DNA fragmentation; Escherichia coli; Eucalyptus; Paenibacillus; amino acid sequences; biorefining; carboxymethylcellulose; dewatering; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; genes; molecular cloning; nucleotides; open reading frames; pH; paper; paper pulp; physical properties; strength (mechanics)
- ... The gene celB encoding an endoglucanase from Paenibacillus sp. BP-23 was cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli. The nucleotide sequence of a 4161 bp DNA fragment containing the celB gene was determined, revealing an open reading frame of 2991 nucleotides that encodes a protein of 106,927 Da. Comparison of the deduced amino acid sequence of endoglucanase B with known beta-glycanase sequences sho ...