Jump to Main Content
- Granstrom, T.; Ojamo, H.; Leisola, M.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2001 v.55 no.1 pp. 36-42
- Meyerozyma guilliermondii; NAD (coenzyme); acetates; aerobic conditions; agitation; enzyme activity; ethanol; glucose-6-phosphate 1-dehydrogenase; glucose-6-phosphate isomerase; glycerol; metabolites; oxygen; pentose phosphate cycle; xylitol; xylose
- ... The mechanism of production of xylitol from xylose by Candida guilliermondii was studied using chemostat cultures and enzymatic assays. The maximum dilution rate in aerobic conditions was 0.34 1/h. No xylitol was produced. Under oxygen-limited conditions xylose uptake was impaired and glycerol accumulated but no xylitol was detected. Under transient oxygen limitation, caused by a gradual decrease ...
- Govinden, R.; Pillay, B.; Van Zyl, W.H.; Pillay, D.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2001 v.55 no.1 pp. 76-80
- Candida shehatae; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Scheffersomyces stipitis; electroporation; galactose; genes; glucose; maltose; promoter regions; xylitol; xylose
- ... The xylose reductase gene (XYL1) was isolated from Pichia stipitis and Candida shehatae, cloned into YEp-based vectors under the control of ADH2 and PGK1 promoter/terminator cassettes and introduced into Saccharomyces cerevisiae Y294 by electroporation. Shake-flask fermenatations were carried out with 5% xylose and 1% galactose, glucose or maltose as co-substrates. Xylose uptake was similar in bot ...