Jump to Main Content
- Johannes, C.; Majcherczyk, A.; Huttermann, A.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 1996 v.46 no.3 pp. 313-317
- Coriolus versicolor; anthracenes; free radicals; laccase; phenothiazine
- ... Laccase of Trametes versicolor was generally able to oxidize anthracene in vitro. After 72 h incubation about 35% of the anthracene was transformed stoichiometrically to 9,10-anthraquinone. Transformation of anthracene increased rapidly in the presence of different mediators that readily generate stable radicals: 2,2'-azino-bis-(3-ethylbenzthiazoline-6-sulfonic acid) (ABTS) and 1-hydroxybenzotriaz ...
- Ralph, J.P.; Graham, L.A.; Catchside, D.E.A.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 1996 v.46 no.3 pp. 226-232
- Coriolus versicolor; Ganoderma applanatum; Gloeophyllum trabeum; Lentinus lepideus; Phanerochaete chrysosporium; Phlebia tremellosa; Pycnoporus; Rigidoporus; absorbance; aryl-alcohol oxidase; biotransformation; brown-rot fungi; coal; laccase; lignin; lignin peroxidase; manganese; metabolism; molecular weight; oxygen; pH; peroxidase; polymerization; sodium hydroxide; solubilization; white-rot fungi
- ... The involvement of extracellular oxidases in biotransformation of low-rank coal was assessed by correlating the ability of nine white-rot and brown-rot fungi to alter macromolecular material in alkali-solubilised brown coal with the spectrum of oxidases they produce when grown on low-nitrogen medium. The coal fraction used was that soluble at 3.0 less than or equal to pH less than or equal to 6.0 ...