Jump to Main Content
- Hofrichter, M.; Fritsche, W.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 1996 v.46 no.3 pp. 220-225
- Basidiomycota; agar; bleaching; chromatography; coal; depolymerization; ecophysiology; enzyme activity; fungi; humic acids; molecular weight; peroxidases; screening
- ... A miniscale screening system was developed to detect depolymerizing activities of fungi toward lowrank coals. This system was suitable for the determination of changes in molecular masses as well as for the measurement of the enzymes responsible. A total of 486 fungal strains of different ecophysiological and taxonomic groups were tested for their ability to decolorize agar media containing coal-d ...
- Ralph, J.P.; Graham, L.A.; Catchside, D.E.A.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 1996 v.46 no.3 pp. 226-232
- Coriolus versicolor; Ganoderma applanatum; Gloeophyllum trabeum; Lentinus lepideus; Phanerochaete chrysosporium; Phlebia tremellosa; Pycnoporus; Rigidoporus; absorbance; aryl-alcohol oxidase; biotransformation; brown-rot fungi; coal; laccase; lignin; lignin peroxidase; manganese; metabolism; molecular weight; oxygen; pH; peroxidase; polymerization; sodium hydroxide; solubilization; white-rot fungi
- ... The involvement of extracellular oxidases in biotransformation of low-rank coal was assessed by correlating the ability of nine white-rot and brown-rot fungi to alter macromolecular material in alkali-solubilised brown coal with the spectrum of oxidases they produce when grown on low-nitrogen medium. The coal fraction used was that soluble at 3.0 less than or equal to pH less than or equal to 6.0 ...