Jump to Main Content
- Hofrichter, M.; Fritsche, W.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 1996 v.46 no.3 pp. 220-225
- Basidiomycota; agar; bleaching; chromatography; coal; depolymerization; ecophysiology; enzyme activity; fungi; humic acids; molecular weight; peroxidases; screening
- ... A miniscale screening system was developed to detect depolymerizing activities of fungi toward lowrank coals. This system was suitable for the determination of changes in molecular masses as well as for the measurement of the enzymes responsible. A total of 486 fungal strains of different ecophysiological and taxonomic groups were tested for their ability to decolorize agar media containing coal-d ...
- Grobben, G.J.; Smith, M.R.; Sikkema, J.; Bont, J.A.M. de.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 1996 v.46 no.3 pp. 279-284
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus; enzyme activity; enzymes; exopolysaccharides; fructose; galactose; glucose; metabolism; nucleotides; rhamnose
- ... The effect of fructose and glucose on the growth, production of exopolysaccharides and the activities of enzymes involved in the synthesis of sugar nucleotides in Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp bulgagaricus grown in continuous culture was investigated. When grown on fructose, the strain produced 25 mg 1 (-1) exopolysaccharide composed of glucose and galactose in the ratio 1:2.4. When the carbohyd ...