Jump to Main Content
- Ralph, J.P.; Graham, L.A.; Catchside, D.E.A.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 1996 v.46 no.3 pp. 226-232
- Coriolus versicolor; Ganoderma applanatum; Gloeophyllum trabeum; Lentinus lepideus; Phanerochaete chrysosporium; Phlebia tremellosa; Pycnoporus; Rigidoporus; absorbance; aryl-alcohol oxidase; biotransformation; brown-rot fungi; coal; laccase; lignin; lignin peroxidase; manganese; metabolism; molecular weight; oxygen; pH; peroxidase; polymerization; sodium hydroxide; solubilization; white-rot fungi
- ... The involvement of extracellular oxidases in biotransformation of low-rank coal was assessed by correlating the ability of nine white-rot and brown-rot fungi to alter macromolecular material in alkali-solubilised brown coal with the spectrum of oxidases they produce when grown on low-nitrogen medium. The coal fraction used was that soluble at 3.0 less than or equal to pH less than or equal to 6.0 ...
- Grobben, G.J.; Smith, M.R.; Sikkema, J.; Bont, J.A.M. de.
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 1996 v.46 no.3 pp. 279-284
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus; enzyme activity; enzymes; exopolysaccharides; fructose; galactose; glucose; metabolism; nucleotides; rhamnose
- ... The effect of fructose and glucose on the growth, production of exopolysaccharides and the activities of enzymes involved in the synthesis of sugar nucleotides in Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp bulgagaricus grown in continuous culture was investigated. When grown on fructose, the strain produced 25 mg 1 (-1) exopolysaccharide composed of glucose and galactose in the ratio 1:2.4. When the carbohyd ...