Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: waris?
- Ahmed, Warish, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2018 v.102 no.16 pp. 7159-7170
- DNA; bacterial communities; community structure; decision making; freshwater; guidelines; human health; microbiological quality; pathogens; risk; sediments; sewage; water quality; Queensland
- ... Understanding the microbial quality of recreational waters is critical to effectively managing human health risks. In recent years, the development of new molecular methods has provided scientists with alternatives to the use of culture-based fecal indicator methods for investigating sewage contamination in recreational waters. Before these methods can be formalized into guidelines, however, we mu ...
- Ahmed, Warish, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2017 v.101 no.3 pp. 1253-1266
- ABC transporters; Arcobacter; Bacteroides; Pseudomonas; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; bacterial communities; community structure; genes; genetic resistance; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; human health; monitoring; municipal wastewater; pathogens; phenotype; ribosomal RNA; wastewater treatment; Australia
- ... In this study, we investigated the use of Illumina high-throughput sequencing of 16S ribosomal RNA (rRNA) amplicons to explore microbial diversity and community structure in raw and secondary treated wastewater (WW) samples from four municipal wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs A–D) across Australia. Sequence reads were analyzed to determine the abundance and diversity of bacterial communities in ...