Jump to Main Content
- Fu, Weiqi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2013 v.97 no.6 pp. 2395-2403
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii; Dunaliella salina; biosynthesis; blue light; chlorophyll; evolution; light quality; lutein; markets; microalgae; red light
- ... There is a particularly high interest to derive carotenoids such as β-carotene and lutein from higher plants and algae for the global market. It is well known that β-carotene can be overproduced in the green microalga Dunaliella salina in response to stressful light conditions. However, little is known about the effects of light quality on carotenoid metabolism, e.g., narrow spectrum red light. In ...
- PubMed Central:
- Fu, Weiqi, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2007 v.75 no.4 pp. 777-782
- Escherichia coli; Rhodobacter sphaeroides; biosynthesis; codons; enzyme activity; fermenters; genes; glucose; succinic acid; temperature
- ... The 5-aminolevulinate (ALA) synthase gene (hemA) containing several codons rarely used by Escherichia coli was cloned from the genome of Rhodobacter sphaeroides and optimized in two strains of Escherichia coli: BL21(DE3) and Rosetta(DE3), which is a rare codon optimizer strain. The effects of initial isopropyl-β-D-thiogalactopyranoside (IPTG) concentration, induction time, and temperature on enzym ...