Jump to Main Content
- Schubert, Matthew M.; Palumbo, Elyse A.
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 172-178
- body composition; body mass index; densitometry; energy expenditure; energy intake; men; overweight; physical fitness; weight loss; women
- ... CrossFit (CF; CrossFit Inc., Washington, DC, USA) is a form of high-intensity functional training that focuses on training across the entire spectrum of physical fitness. CF has been shown to improve a number of indicators of health but little information assessing energy balance exists. The purpose of the present study was to investigate energy balance during 1 week of CF training. Men and women ...
- Carlson, Luke; Jonker, Brandon; Westcott, Wayne L.; Steele, James; Fisher, James P.
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 200-207
- blood glucose; body composition; chest; females; males; muscles; strength training
- ... A key variable within resistance training (RT) is that of repetition duration: the time (seconds) taken to perform the concentric and eccentric muscle actions of a repetition. Research has produced equivocal results with regard to strength and muscle mass increases; many studies have created parity in the number of repetitions, but there has been disparity in the load used and the time under load ...