Jump to Main Content
- Gordon, Joshua P.; Thompson, Brennan J.; Crane, Joshua S.; Bressel, Eadric; Wagner, Dale R.
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 118-126
- education programs; elderly; energy requirements; models; muscle strength; muscles; strength training; torque
- ... Early adaptations in eccentric training show several advantages over those in concentric training. The purpose of this study was to quantify the effects of 4 weeks of multiple-joint eccentric versus traditional leg press (TLP) training on muscle strength, rate of torque development (RTD), and jump and sprint performance adaptations. Twenty-six resistance-trained adults performed either an eccentri ...
- Vechin, Felipe C.; Libardi, Cleiton A.; Conceição, Miguel S.; Damas, Felipe; Cavaglieri, Claudia R.; Chacon-Mikahil, Mara Patricia T.; Coutinho, Luiz L.; Andrade, Sonia C.S.; Neves Jr, Manoel T.; Roschel, Hamilton; Tricoli, Valmor; Baptista, Igor L.; Moriscot, Anselmo A.; Ugrinowitsch, Carlos
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 216-220
- blood flow; elderly; gene expression; genes; muscles; skeletal muscle; strength training; transcriptome; transcriptomics
- ... We aimed to investigate the mechanisms underlying muscle growth after 12 weeks of resistance training performed with blood flow restriction (RT–BFR) and high-intensity resistance training (HRT) in older individuals. Participants were allocated into the following groups: HRT, RT–BFR, or a control group. High-throughput transcriptome sequencing was performed by the Illumina HiSeq 2500 platform. HRT ...