Jump to Main Content
- Glace, Beth W.; Kremenic, Ian J.; McHugh, Malachy P.
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 139-147
- analysis of variance; bicycling; carbohydrates; cross-over studies; exercise; magnetism; men; muscles; nerve tissue; oxygen consumption; placebos; sports drinks; women
- ... We investigated whether carbohydrate ingestion delays fatigue in endurance-trained cyclists via peripheral or central mechanisms. Ten men (35 ± 9 years of age) and 10 women (42 ± 7 years of age) were assigned, in a double-blind, crossover design, to a sports drink (CHO) or to a placebo (PL). The following strength measures were made 3 times (before exercise, after a time trial (TT), and after a ri ...
- Zempo-Miyaki, Asako; Kumagai, Hiroshi; Yoshikawa, Toru; Myoenzono, Kanae; So, Rina; Otsuki, Takeshi; Tanaka, Kiyoji; Maeda, Seiji
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 111-117
- adults; body mass index; dieting; exercise; lifestyle; men; obesity; weight loss
- ... The circulatory level of pentraxin 3 (PTX3), an anti-inflammatory cardioprotective protein, has been shown to be lower in obese individuals than in those with normal weight. However, reports on the effects of different weight-loss methods on PTX3 are limited. The present study aimed to investigate the effect of weight loss on circulating PTX3 levels in overweight and obese men and to examine the c ...