Jump to Main Content
- Pedroza, Anderson; Ferreira, Diorginis Soares; Santana, David F.; da Silva, Pedro Thiago; de Aguiar Júnior, Francisco Carlos Amanajás; Sellitti, Donald F.; Lagranha, Claudia J.
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 164-171
- antioxidant activity; cardiovascular diseases; casein; catalase; cortex; glutathione; glutathione transferase; laboratory animals; lactation; lipid peroxidation; litter size; low protein diet; males; overfeeding; oxidation; oxidative stress; pregnancy; progeny; rats; superoxide dismutase; thiols
- ... There is a strong correlation between inadequate gestational and postpartum nutrition and the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases. The present study investigated the effects of a maternal low-protein diet and neonatal overfeeding on the oxidative balance and morphology of the renal cortex of male Wistar rats. Two independent protocols were used. First, pregnant Wistar rats received diets contain ...
- Doğanlar, Zeynep Banu; Uzun, Metehan; Ovali, Mehmet Akif; Dogan, Ayten; Ongoren, Gulin; Doğanlar, Oğuzhan
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 153-163
- DNA damage; Western blotting; aorta; apoptosis; caspase-3; caspase-8; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; gene overexpression; genomics; heat-shock protein 70; laboratory animals; lipid peroxidation; melatonin; oxidative stress; pro-apoptotic proteins; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction; tissues; toxicity; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... The aim of this study was to explain the possible mechanisms by which melatonin deficiency results in cardiovascular injury and to investigate the effects of melatonin administration on important signalling pathways and element equilibrium in the thoracic aorta (TA). For this purpose, we analysed the cellular and molecular effects of melatonin deficiency or administration on oxidative stress, DNA ...