Jump to Main Content
- Lopes-Silva, João Paulo; Santos, Jonatas Ferreira da Silva; Franchini, Emerson
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 187-193
- athletic performance; caffeine; cross-over studies; diurnal variation; ergogenic aids; heart rate; lactic acid; men; oxygen; physiological response; placebos; sports nutrition
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate if caffeine can reduce the negative influence of diurnal variations on repeated-sprint performance, in addition to investigating if caffeine in the afternoon would potentiate performance compared with the morning. Thirteen physically active men took part in this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled and crossover study. All participants underwent a repe ...
- Preobrazenski, Nicholas; Bonafiglia, Jacob T.; Nelms, Matthew W.; Lu, Simo; Robins, Lauren; LeBlanc, Camille; Gurd, Brendon J.
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 179-186
- blood; exercise; heart rate; lactic acid; oxygen consumption; speech; variance
- ... The purpose of this study was to test the hypotheses (i) that interindividual variability in acute blood lactate responses during exercise at 65% of peak work rate (WRₚₑₐₖ; relative WRₚₑₐₖ protocol (REL)) will predict variability in the chronic responses to exercise training and (ii) that exercising at an intensity that causes uncomfortable speech production (negative talk test (TT) stage (NEG)) e ...