Jump to Main Content
- Methenitis, Spyridon; Stasinaki, Angeliki-Nikoletta; Zaras, Nikolaos; Spengos, Konstantinos; Karandreas, Nikolaos; Terzis, Gerasimos
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 133-138
- action potentials; body mass index; education; males; microelectrodes; muscle fibers; muscles; students; ultrasonography
- ... Muscle fascicle length and muscle fibre conduction velocity (MFCV) are thought to be important parameters for power performance. It might be expected that faster muscle fibre conduction velocities would compensate for longer fascicle lengths to increase the speed of action potential propagation along the elongated fibres. However, the relationship between muscle fascicle length and MFCV remains un ...
- Carlson, Luke; Jonker, Brandon; Westcott, Wayne L.; Steele, James; Fisher, James P.
- Applied physiology, nutrition and metabolism 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 200-207
- blood glucose; body composition; chest; females; males; muscles; strength training
- ... A key variable within resistance training (RT) is that of repetition duration: the time (seconds) taken to perform the concentric and eccentric muscle actions of a repetition. Research has produced equivocal results with regard to strength and muscle mass increases; many studies have created parity in the number of repetitions, but there has been disparity in the load used and the time under load ...