Jump to Main Content
- da Silva Correia, Dayana; Passos, Samuel Ribeiro; Proença, Diogo Neves; Morais, Paula Vasconcelos; Xavier, Gustavo Ribeiro; Correia, Maria Elizabeth Fernandes
- Applied soil ecology 2018 v.131 pp. 38-46
- Actinobacteria; Bacteroidetes; Buttiauxella; Enterobacter; Kluyvera; Pantoea; Pycnoscelus surinamensis; Serratia; Trigoniulus lumbricinus; bacteria; bacterial communities; carbon; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; detritivores; developmental stages; diet; intestinal microorganisms; intestines; molecular cloning; nitrogen; organic matter; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; prokaryotic cells; ribosomal DNA; sequence analysis; soil ecosystems; soil invertebrates
- ... Interactions between saprophagous invertebrates and microbes are essential for the maintenance and functioning of soil ecosystems, as they directly affect the degradation of organic matter and the nutrient cycle. The intestinal tract of invertebrates is inhabited by a diversity of microbes, and it is closely associated with the food ingested. The aim of this work was to evaluate the profile of pro ...
- Stover, Holly J.; Naeth, M. Anne; Boldt-Burisch, Katja
- Applied soil ecology 2018 v.131 pp. 29-37
- DNA; Festuca; canopy; carbon; disturbed soils; ecological invasion; electrical conductivity; embryophytes; genes; grasslands; gravel; hills; indigenous species; introduced plants; landfills; mycorrhizal fungi; nitrogen content; nutrient availability; pH; phosphorus; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; species richness; Alberta
- ... Native grasslands are endangered by non-native plant invasion worldwide, including foothills fescue grasslands in North America. Large populations of non-native plant species have established in these disturbed fescue grasslands, forming dense monocultures and spreading into undisturbed areas. Soil disturbance and plant invasion can alter the arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) community, an import ...