Jump to Main Content
- García de León, David; Cantero, Juan José; Moora, Mari; Öpik, Maarja; Davison, John; Vasar, Martti; Jairus, Teele; Zobel, Martin
- Applied soil ecology 2018 v.124 pp. 289-297
- mycorrhizal fungi, etc ; DNA; agricultural land; community structure; environmental factors; fertilizer rates; forest ecosystems; forests; fungal communities; host plants; land use; roots; soil sampling; soybeans; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; Argentina; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) symbiosis is a key plant-microbe interaction in sustainable ecosystems. Increasing land use intensity poses a threat to AM fungal communities, yet little is known of the impact of agricultural land use on AM fungal communities in many regions and cultivation types. The last few decades have witnessed increased cultivation of soybean worldwide with Argentina becoming one ...
- Sarabia, Marcela; Jakobsen, Iver; Grønlund, Mette; Carreon-Abud, Yazmin; Larsen, John
- Applied soil ecology 2018 v.125 pp. 18-25
- mycorrhizal fungi, etc ; Candida; Rhizophagus irregularis; bags; corn; growth chambers; growth promotion; hyphae; isotope dilution technique; isotopes; monitoring; nutrition; phosphates; phosphorus; radionuclides; rhizosphere; root growth; roots; soil; solubilization; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; yeasts; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Plant roots associate with microorganisms to acquire phosphorus (P) from the soil including arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungi and phosphate solubilizers such as yeasts. However, information on interactions between AM fungi and yeasts is limited. The objective of the present study was to examine possible cooperation between the AM fungus Rhizophagus irregularis and the rhizosphere yeasts Cryptococc ...