Jump to Main Content
- Jing, Xin; Yang, Xiaoxia; Ren, Fei; Zhou, Huakun; Zhu, Biao; He, Jin-Sheng
- Applied soil ecology 2016 v.107 pp. 205-213
- soil respiration, etc ; adverse effects; anthropogenic activities; ecosystems; enzyme activity; enzymes; grasslands; microbial activity; microbial biomass; microbial communities; mineral soils; nitrogen; nutrients; phosphorus; primary productivity; soil depth; soil enzymes; soil microorganisms; topsoil; China; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Soil nitrogen (N) and phosphorus (P) are common limiting nutrients affecting plant primary productivity in alpine ecosystems due to the low decomposition rate, though anthropogenic activities have greatly increased their inputs into ecosystems. Little is known regarding the effects of increasing N and P availabilities on the functioning of belowground microbial communities. To determine how soil m ...
- Álvarez-Martín, Alba; Hilton, Sally L.; Bending, Gary D.; Rodríguez-Cruz, M. Sonia; Sánchez-Martín, M. Jesús
- Applied soil ecology 2016 v.106 pp. 47-57
- soil respiration, etc ; agricultural soils; azoxystrobin; community structure; crop yield; genes; half life; leaching; metabolism; microbial communities; pest control; pirimicarb; ribosomal RNA; soil microorganisms; soil quality; soil structure; spent mushroom compost; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Pesticides and organic amendments are widely used in agricultural soils, the former for pest control and to improve crop yield, and the latter to maintain soil quality and to mitigate pesticide leaching. Both amendments and pesticides can affect soil microbial communities, which may impact crop fitness. Therefore, the objective of the current study was to investigate the changes that occur to soil ...