Jump to Main Content
- Terhoeven-Urselmans, Thomas; Scheller, Edwin; Raubuch, Markus; Ludwig, Bernard; Joergensen, Rainer Georg
- Applied soil ecology 2009 v.42 no.3 pp. 297-302
- Hordeum vulgare; spring barley; carbon dioxide; gas emissions; nitrogen; mineralization; biogas; slurries; organic fertilizers; grain yield; fallow; soil depth; soil microorganisms; soil temperature; soil organic carbon; adenosine triphosphate
- ... The objective of this study was to investigate the effects of biogas slurry derived from straw-rich farmyard manure on the soil microbial biomass, on the mineralization in the field and on the related crop yield. The experiment was carried out in the following four treatments: (1) fallow, (2) fallow+biogas slurry, (3) spring barley, and (4) spring barley+biogas slurry. The CO₂ evolution rate range ...
- Hungria, Mariangela; Franchini, Julio Cezar; Brandão-Junior, Osvaldino; Kaschuk, Glaciela; Souza, Rosinei Aparecida
- Applied soil ecology 2009 v.42 no.3 pp. 288-296
- soil microorganisms; microbial activity; sustainable agriculture; crops; crop rotation; no-tillage; conventional tillage; field crops; soybeans; Glycine max; wheat; Triticum; corn; Zea mays; Lupinus albus; oats; Avena strigosa; radishes; Raphanus sativus; cover crops; nitrogen; soil respiration; sucrose; long term experiments; field experimentation; carbon dioxide; soil organic matter; grain crops; grain yield; crop yield; tropical soils; tropics; Brazil
- ... Reduction in soil disturbance can stimulate soil microbial biomass and improve its metabolic efficiency, resulting in better soil quality, which in turn, can increase crop productivity. In this study we evaluated microbial biomass of C (MB-C) by the fumigation-extraction (FE) or fumigation-incubation (FI) method; microbial biomass of N (MB-N); basal respiration (BR) induced or not with sucrose; me ...