Jump to Main Content
- Rasmann, Christopher; Graham, James H.; Chellemi, Daniel O.; Datnoff, Lawrence E.; Larsen, John
- Applied soil ecology 2009 v.43 no.1 pp. 22
- mycorrhizal fungi, etc ; tomatoes; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; rhizosphere fungi; Glomus; endophytes; tillage; vegetation; soil fumigation; organic production; species diversity; fallow; Paspalum notatum; pastures; crop rotation; roots; rhizosphere; microbial colonization; soil fertility; phosphorus; Microdochium bolleyi; Solanum lycopersicum var. lycopersicum; Florida; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Farming practices are known to impact arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungi and other soil microbial communities in agroecosystems. The effects of divergent land management strategies on the incidence and infectivity of AM and other fungal root endophytes were evaluated in a 5-year tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) cropping systems study. Two of the five treatments utilized farming practices cons ...
- Schreiner, R.P.
- Applied soil ecology 2007 v.36 no.2-3 pp. 205
- mycorrhizal fungi, etc ; indigenous species; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; Glomus mosseae; Glomus intraradices; Scutellospora calospora; introduced species; Vitis vinifera; grapes; vines; plant growth; dry matter accumulation; phosphorus; copper; sulfur; zinc; soil nutrients; nutrient uptake; roots; microbial colonization; silty soils; clay loam soils; soil texture; alluvial soils; Mollisols; Ultisols; Oregon; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... The influence of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) on growth and nutrient uptake by ‘Pinot noir’ grapevine cuttings was studied in an alluvial valley soil (Chehalis series, Mollisol) and a red-hill soil (Jory series, Ultisol) to better understand the role AMF play in vineyards planted in different soils with contrasting levels of available P. The first experiment compared plant response in both s ...