Jump to Main Content
- Cesarz, Simone, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied soil ecology 2019 v.135 pp. 166-173
- Nematoda; biodiversity conservation; conservation areas; ecosystem services; food webs; functional diversity; grasslands; habitats; soil; soil nematodes; soil organic matter; species diversity; Romania
- ... Extensive biodiversity conservation efforts in Europe resulted in the recent establishment of the ecological network of protected areas Natura 2000. However, it remains unclear how such protected areas reflect the distribution of soil biodiversity, which represents a substantial fraction of terrestrial biodiversity and drives a plethora of ecosystem services. Here we analyzed and compared differen ...
- Cesarz, Simone, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Applied soil ecology 2014 v.82 pp. 78-81
- Folsomia candida; alkaline soils; biomass; dyeing; dyes; ecosystems; ecotoxicology; fabrics; food coloring; grasses; microbial activity
- ... Rapid ecosystem assessments are needed for large-scale ecotoxicological studies and coordinated distributed experiments. Bait-lamina stripes are commonly used as a standardized method to assess decomposer activity, but it is often difficult to distinguish bait substrate from soil. In the present study our aim was to identify a dyeing method that improves the precision of visual assessment of decom ...