Jump to Main Content
- Amagai, Yukihiro; Kudo, Gaku; Sato, Ken
- Applied vegetation science 2018 v.21 no.4 pp. 561-571
- alpine plants; alpine vegetation; community structure; ecosystems; environmental factors; forbs; global warming; habitats; melting; mountains; plant communities; shrubs; snowmelt; soil quality; soil water; species richness; surveys; vegetation structure; Japan
- ... QUESTION: Alpine plant communities are often distributed as a mosaic reflecting micro‐scale heterogeneity of environmental conditions, indicating the importance of diverse habitats in maintaining species diversity in alpine ecosystems. Because snow‐meadow vegetation is particularly sensitive to climate change, species composition and community structure may have changed over the last few decades i ...
- Chau, Ngai Lung; Chu, Lee Man
- Applied vegetation science 2018 v.21 no.4 pp. 658-668
- Sphagneticola trilobata; botanical composition; canopy; community structure; ecological value; electrical conductivity; erosion control; ferns and fern allies; graminoids; invasive species; land restoration; landscapes; plant communities; sandy soils; soil pH; soil texture; subtropical soils; suburban areas; urban development; vegetation; China
- ... QUESTIONS: Is revegetation of soil slopes with the currently used plant groundcovers effective in promoting dense vegetation and ecological values of landscapes? Does the degree of urban development influence the abundance of groundcovers? Is there any relationship between slope features and the plant community of soil slopes? LOCATION: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China. METHODS: We c ...