Jump to Main Content
- Aspé, E.; Roeckel, M.; Fernández, K.
- Aquacultural engineering 2012 v.49 pp. 1-9
- fish production, etc ; Pinus radiata; Salmo salar; aluminum; bark; biomass; carbon dioxide; cellulose; chronic diseases; dissolved oxygen; farm value; filters; filtration; fish culture; fish farms; freshwater; heavy metals; ions; iron; manganese; oxidation; pH; particle size; salmon; sawmills; toxicity; Chile; Norway; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... In Chile and Norway, countries with the highest salmon production in the world, salmons have developed chronic diseases due to toxicity problems from free metallic ions. Aluminum (Al) and iron (Fe) were found to be present in freshwaters used by the Chilean salmon industry. In this work, different alternatives for Al and Fe removal were compared to achieve the required standards in salmon culture. ...
- SÃ¡nchez O., IvÃ¡n AndrÃ©s; Matsumoto, Tsunao
- Aquacultural engineering 2012 v.47 pp. 16-26
- fish production, etc ; Oreochromis niloticus; activated carbon; ammonium nitrogen; basins; biochemical oxygen demand; biological treatment; chemical oxygen demand; effluents; farm value; fish culture; nitrogen; organic matter; recirculating aquaculture systems; water quality; water reuse; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The hydrodynamic characterization and the performance evaluation of an aerobic three phase fluidized bed reactor in wastewater fish culture treatment are presented in this report. The objective of this study was to evaluate the organic matter, nitrogen and phosphorous removal efficiency in a physical and biological wastewater treatment system of an intensive Nile Tilapia laboratory production with ...