Jump to Main Content
- Santo, Carlos Manoel do Espírito, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Aquacultural engineering 2015 v.67 pp. 53-58
- Litopenaeus vannamei; Vibrionaceae; ammonia; bacteria; biofloc technology; carbon; glucose; hatcheries; molasses; postlarvae; toxicity; water quality
- ... We assessed the hatchery performance of Litopenaeus vannamei between the mysis1 and postlarva 5 stages, in a zero-exchange biofloc system. Two sources of organic carbon (molasses and dextrose) were evaluated and water quality, zootechnical parameters, microbiology, and water consumption during production were compared between carbon-supplemented and control groups. The mean values of the evaluated ...
- do Espírito Santo, Carlos M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquacultural engineering 2013 v.56 pp. 59-70
- Litopenaeus vannamei; ammonia; bacteria; biofloc technology; biomass; carbon nitrogen ratio; dissolved oxygen; gills; microbial activity; nitrification; nitrites; nutritive value; shrimp; stocking rate; survival rate; tanks; total suspended solids; water quality; weight gain
- ... In zero-exchange superintensive culture systems, flocculated particles (bioflocs) accumulate in the water column. Consequently, some control over the concentration of these particles must be performed. The objective of this study is to evaluate the effects of three concentrations of bioflocs on microbial activity, selected water quality indicators and performance of Litopenaeus vannamei in a tank ...