Jump to Main Content
- Manoel do Espírito Santo, Carlos, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquacultural engineering 2016 v.74 pp. 70-75
- Litopenaeus vannamei; ammonia; biofloc technology; carbon; feed conversion; microbial communities; molasses; net ecosystem production; orthophosphates; postlarvae; respiratory rate; rice bran; shrimp; tanks; total suspended solids; water quality
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the effect of different carbon sources, at two fertilization doses, on water quality and shrimp performance in a biofloc system. To accomplish this, marine shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei post-larvae (PL17) were cultured in intensive (150 animals m−2) zero water-exchange biofloc technology (BFT). The experiment was conducted during 39 days, and 12 tanks (0.85m3) were used. ...
- do Espírito Santo, Carlos M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquacultural engineering 2013 v.56 pp. 59-70
- Litopenaeus vannamei; ammonia; bacteria; biofloc technology; biomass; carbon nitrogen ratio; dissolved oxygen; gills; microbial activity; nitrification; nitrites; nutritive value; shrimp; stocking rate; survival rate; tanks; total suspended solids; water quality; weight gain
- ... In zero-exchange superintensive culture systems, flocculated particles (bioflocs) accumulate in the water column. Consequently, some control over the concentration of these particles must be performed. The objective of this study is to evaluate the effects of three concentrations of bioflocs on microbial activity, selected water quality indicators and performance of Litopenaeus vannamei in a tank ...