Jump to Main Content
- Hamre, Kristin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.498 pp. 246-253
- Sparus aurata; aerobiosis; alpha-tocopherol; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; bones; diet; enzymes; fish larvae; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; larval development; marine fish; nutrients; skeletal development; taurine
- ... The negative effects of oxidative damage on larval development, growth and survival are among the factors markedly affecting marine fish larvae production success. Whereas α-tocopherol (vit E) and l-ascorbic acid (vit C) are strong antioxidants, the potential antioxidant role of taurine (Tau) in fish diets and its relation with other antioxidant nutrients needs further clarification. The present s ...
- Hamre, Kristin, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.502 pp. 268-271
- Hippoglossus hippoglossus; commercial farms; diet; digestion; domestication; early weaning; feed intake; halibut; juveniles; larvae; market prices; mortality; tanks; water
- ... Atlantic halibut is a cold-water pleuronectiform of the North Atlantic with a high market price and a small wild stock, therefore it has a large potential in farming. However, the halibut is difficult to grow and although work aimed at domestication has been going on since the late 1980ies, there are still only a few commercial farms. The purpose of the present study was to establish a time-point ...