Jump to Main Content
- Araújo, Bruno Cavalheiro; Honji, Renato Massaaki; Rombenso, Artur Nishioka; de Souza, Gabriela Brambila; de Mello, Paulo Henrique; Hilsdorf, Alexandre Wagner Silva; Moreira, Renata Guimarães
- Aquaculture 2019 pp. 734245
- arachidonic acid, etc ; Rachycentron canadum; animals; docosahexaenoic acid; experimental diets; fatty acid composition; fillets; fish oils; gene expression; genes; growth performance; juveniles; lipid metabolism; liver; prostaglandins; satiety; tanks; temperature; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... An 8-week nutritional experiment was conducted with the aim of evaluating the influences of different arachidonic acid (ARA) levels and two different temperatures (29.5 °C and 26.5 °C) on the growth performance, tissue and whole-body fatty acid (FA) compositions, plasma prostaglandin concentration, liver morphology and expression of genes related to lipid metabolism in cobia juveniles. A basal fat ...
- Chang, Yu-Han; Lin, Yu-Hung; Hsieh, Chih-hao; Chen, Yi-Min
- Aquaculture 2019 v.502 pp. 202-211
- arachidonic acid, etc ; Epinephelus coioides; blood serum; brain; cannibalism; cortisol; dietary supplements; docosahexaenoic acid; experimental diets; fatty acid composition; fingerlings; highly unsaturated fatty acids; physiological regulation; regression analysis; serotonin; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Aurantiochytrium strain BL10 is rich in highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs), particularly docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Previous research has shown that adding 2% of dry BL10 powder to increase the DHA content of feed for orange-spotted grouper (Epinephelus coioides) does not benefit growth but can significantly reduce size discrepancies between individuals and thereby potentially decrease the ch ...