Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Zi-Chao; Lu, Yuqin; Yan, Yuzhen; Nisar, Tanzeela; Fang, Zhongxiang; Xia, Ning; Guo, Yurong; Chen, De-Wei
- Aquaculture 2019
- peroxide value, etc ; Oreochromis niloticus; cold storage; color; discriminant analysis; electronic nose; fish fillets; lipid peroxidation; off flavors; soaking; sodium pyrophosphate; sodium tripolyphosphate; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; water holding capacity; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fillets were treated by soaking in 2% sodium pyrophosphate (SPP), sodium tripolyphosphate (STP) and a mixture (SPP + STP, 1:1) solutions before ice storage. Compared with control (without pyrophosphate), pyrophosphates especially SPP treatment effectively inhibited the lipid oxidation as evidenced by lower peroxide values (PV) and thiobarbituric acid reactive substa ...
- Yin, Peng; Xie, Shiwei; Huo, Yunjing; Guo, Tianyu; Fang, Haohang; Zhang, Yanmei; Liu, Yongjian; Tian, Lixia; Niu, Jin
- Aquaculture 2019 v.500 pp. 347-358
- peroxide value, etc ; Micropterus salmoides; adenosine triphosphate; antioxidant activity; apoptosis; body composition; body weight; calcium; caspase-8; citrate (si)-synthase; diet; energy metabolism; enzyme activity; feed intake; fish oils; glutathione peroxidase; growth performance; juveniles; lipid peroxidation; liver; malate dehydrogenase; malondialdehyde; membrane potential; messenger RNA; mitochondria; oxidation; oxidative stress; raw fish; reactive oxygen species; specific growth rate; succinate dehydrogenase (quinone); superoxide dismutase; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; weight gain; Show all 34 Subjects
- ... Four isonitrogenous and isolipidic diets containing fresh fish oil (peroxide value, POV: 7.2 meq kg−1, diet FR) and three degrees of oxidized fish oil (POV: 155, 275 and 564 meq kg−1, diet OX155, OX275 and OX564, respectively) were formulated to investigate the effects of dietary oxidized fish oil on growth performance, body composition, antioxidant defense system and mitochondrial function of juv ...