Jump to Main Content
- Hamre, Kristin, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.502 pp. 268-271
- Hippoglossus hippoglossus; commercial farms; diet; digestion; domestication; early weaning; feed intake; halibut; juveniles; larvae; market prices; mortality; tanks; water
- ... Atlantic halibut is a cold-water pleuronectiform of the North Atlantic with a high market price and a small wild stock, therefore it has a large potential in farming. However, the halibut is difficult to grow and although work aimed at domestication has been going on since the late 1980ies, there are still only a few commercial farms. The purpose of the present study was to establish a time-point ...
- Daníelsdóttir, Anna Kristín, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.504 pp. 404-413
- Anarhichas lupus; ambient temperature; cattle; fish; geometry; juveniles; long term effects; mortality; rearing; somatotropin
- ... The effects of temperature and growth hormone (GH) implantation on growth of juvenile Atlantic wolffish (Anarhichas lupus) were investigated. The year-long study had three sequential experimental phases (EP) termed EP1, EP2 and EP3, lasting for 6, 9 and 37 weeks, respectively. The experimental fish were divided into four groups and reared at different target temperatures (3, 7, 11 and 15 °C) durin ...