Jump to Main Content
- Hung, Yu-Wen; Lin, Yu-Hsing; Chen, Ming-Hui; Wang, Way-Shyan; Chiu, Ching-Feng; Chiu, Chien-Chao; Chiu, Hsuan-Wen; Tsai, Wei-Huang; Hung, Shao-Wen
- Aquaculture 2018 v.495 pp. 558-567
- Acipenser ruthenus; Huso huso; absorption; blood; detection limit; florfenicol; half life; high performance liquid chromatography; hybrids; liver; models; muscles; oral administration; pharmacokinetics; sturgeon
- ... The aim of the study was to develop a simple, rapid, and reliable technique to detect the pharmacokinetics and the residual of florfenicol (FFC) in Bester sturgeon, a cultured hybrid of Huso huso × Acipenser ruthenus by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) with UV detector. The results showed that the concentration-time course of the FFC was described by one-compartment model with 1st ord ...
- Abdollahpour, Hamed; Falahatkar, Bahram; Efatpanah, Iraj; Meknatkhah, Bahman; Van Der Kraak, Glen
- Aquaculture 2018 v.497 pp. 134-139
- Acipenser ruthenus; aquaculture; body weight; breeding stock; coconut oil; eggs; fecundity; females; gonadotropin-releasing hormone; hatching; intramuscular injection; larvae; larval development; luteinization; oocytes; ovulation; postlarvae; progeny; reproductive success; spawning; specific growth rate; sturgeon; thyroxine
- ... This study set out to examine the effects of thyroxine (T4) on reproductive success of female Sterlet sturgeon broodstock and subsequent growth and development of the larval offspring. Fish received four intraperitoneal injections of coconut oil (controls), 1 mg T4/kg body weight (BW) in coconut oil (T₁) or 10 mg T4/kg BW in coconut oil (T₁₀) over a 170-day treatment period. Ovulation was induced ...