Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Zhigang; Dong, Shuanglin; Xu, Qiyou
- Aquaculture 2018 v.495 pp. 241-246
- Hypophthalmichthys molitrix, etc ; Chlorella ellipsoidea; carp; dissolved oxygen; filtration; microalgae; oxygen; oxygen consumption; plankton; respiratory rate; starvation; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The respiratory process of silver carp, a typical filter-feeding fish, works in conjunction with its feeding mechanism when it filters plankton from water. In the present study, a variety of parameters associated with breathing and feeding of silver carp were measured in response to decreases in dissolved oxygen (DO) levels when the fish were fed microalgae Chlorella ellipsoidea. This approach ena ...
- Behera, B.K.; Bera, A.K.; Paria, P.; Das, A.; Parida, P.K.; Kumari, Suman; Bhowmick, S.; Das, B.K.
- Aquaculture 2018 v.493 pp. 314-318
- Hypophthalmichthys molitrix, etc ; Plesiomonas shigelloides; aquatic ecosystems; bacterial infections; epithelial cells; fish; freshwater aquaculture; heterophils; histology; intraperitoneal injection; lakes; lethal dose 50; mortality; necrosis; nucleotide sequences; pathogenesis; pathogenicity; pathogens; renal tubules; ribosomal RNA; shrinkage; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); wetlands; India; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Plesiomonas shigelloides was isolated from diseased silver carp in Kolkata Wetland, West Bengal, India. It was associated with mortality of Silver Carp, Hypophthalmichthys molitrix, which is the most widely cultivable fish species in fresh water aquaculture. The P. shigelloides was identified based on the biochemical and molecular characterization and the pathogenicity was studied on H. molitrix. ...