Jump to Main Content
- Ciereszko, A.; Dietrich, M.A.; Nynca, J.
- Aquaculture 2017 v.472 pp. 81-92
- reproductive system, etc ; biochemical pathways; biomarkers; blood; cryopreservation; energy metabolism; fish; hatcheries; hematologic tests; human resources; males; oxidative stress; proteomics; reproduction; researchers; seminal plasma; seminal plasma proteins; spermatozoa; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Proteomic approaches have recently been introduced to studies of male fish reproduction, providing new insights into the functioning of the reproductive system. Numerous previously unknown proteins have been identified, allowing for the comprehensive characterization of the mechanisms involved in the protection of spermatozoa in seminal plasma, especially against oxidative stress and microbial att ...
- Shpak, Nir; Manor, Rivka; Aflalo, Eliahu D.; Sagi, Amir
- Aquaculture 2017 v.467 pp. 41-48
- male reproductive system, etc ; Macrobrachium rosenbergii; RNA interference; W chromosome; aquaculture; biotechnology; double-stranded RNA; females; genes; males; meta-analysis; population structure; progeny; reproductive performance; shrimp; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The recent introduction into aquaculture of RNA interference (RNAi) for producing the preferred all-male monosex cultures, which give improved yields, has raised awareness of the need to investigate the consequences of such novel biotechnological manipulations. Here, we present meta-analysis style study on data from observations of three consecutive cultured all-male (ZZ) generations of the giant ...