Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Xiao-Qiu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Aquaculture 2016 v.463 pp. 174-180
- Carassius auratus; alkaline phosphatase; animal growth; antioxidant activity; body composition; body weight; carboxylic ester hydrolases; catalase; creatine kinase; curcumin; dietary supplements; enzyme activity; feed conversion; feed intake; fish; gamma-glutamyltransferase; gene expression regulation; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione transferase; growth performance; hepatopancreas; intestines; malondialdehyde; messenger RNA; protein content; sodium; superoxide anion; superoxide dismutase; trypsin; weight gain
- ... A 105-day feeding trial was carried out to investigate the effects of dietary curcumin (CM) supplementation on growth performance, digestive enzyme activities, and intestinal antioxidant capacity of crucian carp (Carassius auratus). A total of 585 crucian carp with average initial weight of 76.3±0.10g were fed three diets supplemented with 0 (basal group), 1, or 5gkg−1 CM. Fish fed the diet supple ...
- Zhou, Xiao-Qiu, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Aquaculture 2016 v.452 pp. 380-387
- Ctenopharyngodon idella; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; catalase; cathepsin L; cooking quality; copper; dietary protein; enzyme activity; essential amino acids; gene expression; gene expression regulation; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; hydroxyproline; leucine; lipid content; malondialdehyde; meat quality; messenger RNA; muscle protein; muscles; superoxide dismutase; zinc
- ... The objective of the study was to assess the influence of dietary leucine on flesh quality and the mRNA level of Nrf2-mediated antioxidant enzymes in the muscle of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). A total of 540 grass carp (295.85±2.07g) were fed six diets with graded levels of leucine (7.1, 8.9, 11.0, 13.3, 15.2 and 17.1gkg−1 diet) for eight weeks. The result indicated that muscle protein, l ...