Jump to Main Content
- Eya, Jonathan C.; Yossa, Rodrigue; Ashame, Martha F.; Pomeroy, Charles F.; Gannam, Ann L.
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 119-128
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; crude protein; dietary fat; electron transport chain; enzyme activity; feed conversion; feed intake; fish; liver; liver function; protein efficiency ratio; satiety; visceral fat
- ... A 2×3 factorial study was conducted to investigate the effects of dietary lipid levels on growth, feed utilization and mitochondrial enzyme activities in juvenile all-female rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Practical diets with a fixed crude protein content of 42%, formulated to contain 10% (42/10), 20% (42/20) and 30% (42/30) dietary lipid, were fed to apparent satiety to triplicate groups of ...
- Collins, Stephanie A.; Mansfield, Graeme S.; Desai, Atul R.; Van Kessel, Andrew G.; Hill, Janet E.; Drew, Murray D.
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 219-227
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; antinutritional factors; canola meal; crude protein; digestible energy; experimental design; experimental diets; feed intake; fish; glucosinolates; growth performance; ingredients; isoflavones; models; nutrient content; pea meal; pea protein; phytic acid; saponins; soy protein concentrate; soybean meal; starch; tannins
- ... The inclusion of plant proteins in rainbow trout diets significantly impacts growth and feed intake. This effect has been ascribed to the presence of antinutritional factors (ANF) present in plant ingredients, although the magnitude of the effects of ANF has not been determined. A series of six 56-day growth trials were performed to determine the effect of feeding 0, 75, 150, 225 or 300g/kg of pea ...