Jump to Main Content
- Øverland, Margareth; Krogdahl, Åshild; Shurson, Gerald; Skrede, Anders; Denstadli, Vegard
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 201-208
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; amino acids; coproducts; corn; digestibility; digestible energy; digestible protein; energy; enzyme activity; feed conversion; feed intake; fish meal; freshwater; ingredients; metabolites; nitrogen; peas; phosphorus; protein sources; rapeseed meal; soy protein concentrate; sunflower meal; tanks; trout; weight gain
- ... Two different sources of maize distiller's co-products, distiller's dried grains with solubles (DDGS) and high protein distiller's dried grains (HPDDG), were evaluated as dietary ingredients in growth experiments (77days) with rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). In Exp. 1, the dietary treatments consisted of a control diet based on fish meal, sunflower meal, rapeseed meal, and field peas, and two ...
- Ouraji, Hossein; Zaretabar, Amine; Rahmani, Hossein
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 161-165
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; Vicia faba; bean meal; crude protein; diet; experimental design; faba beans; feed conversion; fingerlings; fish meal; growth performance; soybean meal; trout; wheat flour
- ... This study was conducted to determine the replacement value of faba bean meal (FBM) for soybean meal (SBM) in practical diets of Oncorhynchus mykiss fingerlings. Four isonitrogenous (42% crude protein) and isolipidic (20% total lipid) diets were formulated using commercial ingredients. Faba bean meal was added in the diets at levels of 0% (control) and 15, 30 and 45%. When the FBM content was incr ...