Jump to Main Content
- Skalli, Ali; Castillo, Marisol; Andree, Karl B.; Tort, Lluis; Furones, Dolors; Gisbert, Enric
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 272-279
- Gram-negative bacteria; Oncorhynchus mykiss; Pantoea agglomerans; antibacterial properties; aquaculture systems; blood; blood composition; body weight; cell walls; coatings; complement; diet; enzyme activity; farmers; fish oils; goblet cells; growth performance; hemocytes; immune response; intestinal mucosa; juveniles; lysozyme; nutritional intervention; oral administration; pellets; proximate composition; trout; villi
- ... The effects of oral administration of LPS derived from the cell walls of Pantoea agglomerans (LPSp) were tested in rainbow trout fry (10 and 20μgLPSpkgBW−1day−1) considering their general condition, growth performance, body proximate composition, digestive enzyme activities, histological organization of the intestinal mucosa (number of goblet cells and villi height) and analysis of immunological b ...
- Awad, Elham; Austin, Dawn; Lyndon, Alastair R.
- Aquaculture 2013 v.388-391 pp. 193-197
- Nigella sativa; Oncorhynchus mykiss; antibacterial properties; diet; fish; immune response; immunoglobulin M; lysozyme; myeloperoxidase; quercetin; seed oils
- ... The study was performed to examine the efficacy of dietary black cumin seed oil (Nigella sativa) and nettle extract (Quercetin) on the immune response of rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Fish were divided into 7 groups before being fed for 14days with 0.1%, 0.5% and 1% of Quercetin, 1%, 2% and 3% of N. sativa oil and with unsupplemented commercial diet as the control. Humoral immune parameters ...