Jump to Main Content
- Skalli, Ali; Castillo, Marisol; Andree, Karl B.; Tort, Lluis; Furones, Dolors; Gisbert, Enric
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 272-279
- Gram-negative bacteria; Oncorhynchus mykiss; Pantoea agglomerans; antibacterial properties; aquaculture systems; blood; blood composition; body weight; cell walls; coatings; complement; diet; enzyme activity; farmers; fish oils; goblet cells; growth performance; hemocytes; immune response; intestinal mucosa; juveniles; lysozyme; nutritional intervention; oral administration; pellets; proximate composition; trout; villi
- ... The effects of oral administration of LPS derived from the cell walls of Pantoea agglomerans (LPSp) were tested in rainbow trout fry (10 and 20μgLPSpkgBW−1day−1) considering their general condition, growth performance, body proximate composition, digestive enzyme activities, histological organization of the intestinal mucosa (number of goblet cells and villi height) and analysis of immunological b ...
- Unger, Julia; Brinker, Alexander
- Aquaculture 2013 v.404-405 pp. 85-94
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; animal growth; aquaculture systems; cork; diet; equipment; feces; feed additives; fish feeds; fish health; granules; operating costs; shear stress; surface water; trout; turbulent flow; wastes; water quality
- ... The rapid removal of suspended solids from aquacultural systems is of utmost importance in maintaining healthy stock and system stability and in addressing environmental concerns. This research tested a new approach, successfully manipulating fecal density to the point of floatation. Fecal casts floating at the water's surface can be transported quickly to a removal device. The speed of removal mi ...