Jump to Main Content
- Eya, Jonathan C.; Yossa, Rodrigue; Ashame, Martha F.; Pomeroy, Charles F.; Gannam, Ann L.
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 119-128
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; crude protein; dietary fat; electron transport chain; enzyme activity; feed conversion; feed intake; fish; liver; liver function; protein efficiency ratio; satiety; visceral fat
- ... A 2×3 factorial study was conducted to investigate the effects of dietary lipid levels on growth, feed utilization and mitochondrial enzyme activities in juvenile all-female rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Practical diets with a fixed crude protein content of 42%, formulated to contain 10% (42/10), 20% (42/20) and 30% (42/30) dietary lipid, were fed to apparent satiety to triplicate groups of ...
- Ouraji, Hossein; Zaretabar, Amine; Rahmani, Hossein
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 161-165
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; Vicia faba; bean meal; crude protein; diet; experimental design; faba beans; feed conversion; fingerlings; fish meal; growth performance; soybean meal; trout; wheat flour
- ... This study was conducted to determine the replacement value of faba bean meal (FBM) for soybean meal (SBM) in practical diets of Oncorhynchus mykiss fingerlings. Four isonitrogenous (42% crude protein) and isolipidic (20% total lipid) diets were formulated using commercial ingredients. Faba bean meal was added in the diets at levels of 0% (control) and 15, 30 and 45%. When the FBM content was incr ...