Jump to Main Content
- Øverland, Margareth; Krogdahl, Åshild; Shurson, Gerald; Skrede, Anders; Denstadli, Vegard
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 201-208
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; amino acids; coproducts; corn; digestibility; digestible energy; digestible protein; energy; enzyme activity; feed conversion; feed intake; fish meal; freshwater; ingredients; metabolites; nitrogen; peas; phosphorus; protein sources; rapeseed meal; soy protein concentrate; sunflower meal; tanks; trout; weight gain
- ... Two different sources of maize distiller's co-products, distiller's dried grains with solubles (DDGS) and high protein distiller's dried grains (HPDDG), were evaluated as dietary ingredients in growth experiments (77days) with rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). In Exp. 1, the dietary treatments consisted of a control diet based on fish meal, sunflower meal, rapeseed meal, and field peas, and two ...
- Skov, Peter Vilhelm; Pedersen, Lars-Flemming; Pedersen, Per Bovbjerg
- Aquaculture 2013 v.416-417 pp. 179-184
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; aeration; behavior change; denitrification; digestibility; dissolved nitrogen gas; energy expenditure; energy intake; feed conversion; feed intake; gas bubble disease; metabolizable energy; nitrogen; oxygen; recirculating aquaculture systems; stress response
- ... Excess levels of dissolved nitrogen gas (N2) may occur in recirculating aquaculture systems, as a result of aeration efforts, localized occurrences of denitrification, or from insufficient degassing of makeup water. If levels of dissolved N2 are sufficiently high, or if oxygen (O2) is also maintained at or above saturation, this leads to a supersaturation in total gas pressure (TGP). Depending on ...