Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Yu-Hung; Lin, Hui-You; Shiau, Shi-Yen
- Aquaculture 2011 v.317 no.1-4 pp. 133-137
- Epinephelus malabaricus; experimental diets; feed conversion; fish feeding; folic acid; grouper; immune response; leukocytes; nutritive value; seawater; superoxide anion; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; weight gain
- ... To quantify the dietary folic acid (FA) requirement of grouper, Epinephelus malabaricus, and its effects on non-specific immune responses, FA was added to a basal diet at 0, 0.4, 0.8, 1.2, 2, 4, 6 and 10mgFA/kg, providing actual dietary values of 0, 0.39, 0.72, 1.03, 1.89, 3.36, 5.85, and 9.52mgFA/kg, respectively for a total of 8 experimental diets. Each diet was fed to triplicate groups of fish ...
- Ai, Qinghui; Xu, Houguo; Mai, Kangsen; Xu, Wei; Wang, Jun; Zhang, Wenbing
- Aquaculture 2011 v.317 no.1-4 pp. 155-161
- Bacillus subtilis; Larimichthys crocea; Vibrio harveyi; body weight; cages; complement; dietary supplements; disease resistance; feed conversion; fish; fish feeding; immune response; juveniles; kidneys; lysozyme; mortality; superoxide dismutase
- ... A feeding experiment was conducted to examine the effects of dietary administration of Bacillus subtilis and fructooligosaccharide (FOS) on growth performance, survival, immune responses and disease resistance of juvenile large yellow croaker, Larimichthys crocea (mean initial body weight 7.82g±0.68). Nine practical diets were formulated to contain three levels of B. subtilis (0.0, 0.42×10⁷cfug⁻¹ ...