Jump to Main Content
- Choi, Seung Hyuk; Kim, Min Sun; Kim, Ki Hong
- Aquaculture 2011 v.317 no.1-4 pp. 48-52
- Edwardsiella tarda; Paralichthys olivaceus; agglutination; antibiotics; antibodies; antigens; auxotrophs; bacteria; cytoplasm; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fish; genes; green fluorescent protein; intestines; liver; mucus; oral administration; oral vaccination; plasmids; spleen; vaccines
- ... A study was undertaken to evaluate the efficacy of oral vaccination of olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) with two auxotrophic gene-mutated Edwardsiella tarda (Δalr Δasd E. tarda) that habors antibiotic resistant gene-free plasmids (pG02-ASD-EtPR-GFP) equipped with expression cassettes for green fluorescent protein (GFP) and aspartate semialdehyde dehydrogenase (asd) genes. In a persistence a ...
- Kawakami, Yutaka; Saito, Taiju; Fujimoto, Takafumi; Goto-Kazeto, Rie; Takahashi, Eisuke; Adachi, Shinji; Arai, Katsutoshi; Yamaha, Etsuro
- Aquaculture 2011 v.317 no.1-4 pp. 245-250
- 3' untranslated regions; Cyprinus carpio; Danio rerio; chimerism; embryogenesis; genes; germ cells; goldfish; green fluorescent protein; hosts
- ... Primordial germ cells (PGCs) are the only cells in developing embryos with the potential to transmit genetic information to the next generation. We previously visualized the PGCs of several teleostean embryos by injecting RNA synthesized from constructs encoding green fluorescent protein (GFP) fused to the 3'UTR of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) nanos1 gene (nos1). However, this technique was not alw ...