Jump to Main Content
- Tang, Xiaoqian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture 2011 v.315 no.3-4 pp. 213-221
- Chlamys; acid phosphatase; alkaline phosphatase; enzyme activation; enzyme activity; hemocytes; immune system; mortality; myeloperoxidase; peroxidase; scallops; superoxide dismutase; water temperature; Alps region
- ... High water temperatures are associated with immune suppression and elevated mortality in economically important marine bivalves. To determine whether the stimulatory effects of β-glucan on enzymes associated with the immune system were depressed at higher temperatures, scallops Chlamys farreri were treated with 0.5, 1.0 or 2.0mg/ml of β-glucan suspensions at 15°C or 25°C, and the activities of six ...
- Tang, Xiaoqian, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Aquaculture 2011 v.314 no.1-4 pp. 13-17
- Fenneropenaeus chinensis; White spot syndrome virus; cell membranes; digoxigenin; fluorescein; fluorescence; hemocytes; host-pathogen relationships; hosts; infection; molecular weight; protein binding; shrimp; structural proteins; viral proteins; viruses
- ... Hemocyte of shrimp as an important target cell for white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) was an optimal target for the investigation of interactions between WSSV structural proteins and host cells. In this study, hemocyte membrane of Fenneropenaeus chinensis (HmFc) was prepared and labeled with digoxigenin (DIG), then used as a probe to detect the HmFc-binding proteins in WSSV structural proteins by mo ...