Jump to Main Content
- Peñalver, J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Aquaculture 2016 v.464 pp. 601-608
- Sparus aurata; X-radiation; aquaculture; aquaculture industry; breeding stock; coasts; environmental factors; genetic background; genetic correlation; genotype-environment interaction; gilts; heritability; juveniles; microsatellite repeats; pedigree; photographs; rearing; swim bladder; Atlantic Ocean; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Lordosis, lack of operculum and failure to inflate the swimbladder constitute a major problem for the gilthead sea bream aquaculture industry. In this study, the effect of the origin of the broodstock on these major anomalies in juvenile sea bream was analyzed. A population of farmed sea bream (n=909) obtained by industrial mass-spawning from broodstock from three different origins [Cantabrian Sea ...
- Peñalver, J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Aquaculture 2015 v.445 pp. 33-41
- Sparus aurata; aquaculture; breeding stock; coasts; correlation; environmental factors; fish; genetic background; genetic correlation; genotype-environment interaction; growth traits; head; heritability; juveniles; microsatellite repeats; ontogeny; phenotype; probability; progeny; rearing; spine (bones); Atlantic Ocean; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Growth rates and the presence of deformities can be affected by the use of different rearing systems as well as by the different genetic origins of the stocks. At the same time, strategies that involve the development of selection schemes for these traits of economic interest are scarce. In this study the effect of the origin of the broodstock on growth traits and external deformities as well as g ...