Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Z.Y.; Geng, Y.; Liu, X.X.; Ren, S.Y.; Zhou, Y.; Wang, K.Y.; Huang, X.L.; Chen, D.F.; Peng, X.; Lai, W.M.
- Aquaculture 2013 v.384-387 pp. 66-73
- Ranavirus, etc ; DNA; DNA-directed DNA polymerase; Iridovirus; Rana; acidity; alkalinity; coat proteins; cytopathogenicity; cytoplasm; electron microscopy; head; necrosis; pH; polymerase chain reaction; salamanders and newts; turtles; virus replication; viruses; China; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... In this study, we confirmed that a novel ranavirus was related to mass die-offs of farmed Chinese giant salamanders (Andrias davidianus) in Leshan, Sichuan Province, China. The farmed Chinese giant salamanders presented typical clinical symptoms that included ecchymoses or swollen areas on the head and limbs, necrosis of the limbs, and skin ulceration. Bacteriological and pathologic examinations f ...
- Deng, Guocheng; Li, Shengjie; Xie, Jun; Bai, Junjie; Chen, Kunci; Ma, Dongmei; Jiang, Xiaoyan; Lao, Haihua; Yu, Lingyun
- Aquaculture 2011 v.312 no.1-4 pp. 198-204
- Santee-Cooper ranavirus, etc ; coat proteins; Ctenopharyngodon idella; intramuscular injection; Carassius; DNA; Oreochromis niloticus; carp; Cyprinus carpio; muscles; Hypophthalmichthys nobilis; Micropterus salmoides; cultured cells; muscle tissues; transmission electron microscopy; viruses; bass; mortality; China; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... During June through October 2008, numerous cultured largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides) died in the Foshan area of Guangdong Province, China. Affected fish had ulcerations on the skin and muscle. Epithelioma papillosum cyprini (EPC) cell cultures inoculated with filtrates of muscle homogenates from the diseased fish developed the cytopathic effect (CPE) 5days after inoculation at the primary p ...