Jump to Main Content
- Gibbs, Victoria K.; Heflin, Laura E.; Jones, Warren T.; Powell, Mickie L.; Lawrence, Addison L.; Makowsky, Robert; Watts, Stephen A.
- Aquaculture 2015 v.446 pp. 198-205
- lipid content, etc ; Lytechinus variegatus; absorption; correlation; dietary fat; digestive system; dry matter accumulation; energy; essential fatty acids; feed conversion; juveniles; menhaden; menhaden oil; nutrients; omega-3 fatty acids; seawater; soybean oil; soybeans; starch; weight gain; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Dietary lipids serve as important sources of energy and essential fatty acids for aquatic animals. Sources of animal and plant oils are increasingly limited as well as expensive, and dietary requirements associated with the inclusion of these oils must be carefully evaluated to facilitate sustainable and affordable formulations. In this study, we investigated quantities of menhaden oil (MO) with a ...
- PubMed Central:
- Li, Menghe H.; Robinson, Edwin H.; Tucker, Craig S.; Manning, Bruce B.; Khoo, Lester
- Aquaculture 2009 v.292 pp. 232
- lipid content, etc ; Algae; Ictalurus punctatus; Schizochytrium; animal growth; crude protein; docosahexaenoic acid; essential fatty acids; fatty acid composition; feed conversion; feed supplements; fish feeding; fish feeds; fish fillets; food choices; humans; omega-3 fatty acids; proteins; satiety; sensory properties; water content; weight gain; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... A laboratory study was conducted to investigate the effect of supplementation of dried algae Schizochytrium sp., a rich source of 22:6 n-3, on growth, fatty acid composition, and sensory quality of channel catfish Ictalurus punctatus. Five isonitrogenous (28% crude protein) and isocaloric (2.78 kcal/g), all-plant diets were formulated to contain 0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0% dried algae. These diets ...