Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Wei; Zhu, Hua; Dong, Ying; Dong, Tian; Tian, Zhaohui; Hu, Hongxia
- Aquaculture 2019 v.500 pp. 178-187
- Acipenser ruthenus; animal ovaries; aquaculture; blood serum; breeding; estradiol; females; fish roe; genes; genetic markers; histology; males; mammals; messenger RNA; models; ovarian development; sex determination analysis; sexual maturity; steroid receptors; steroids; sturgeon; testes
- ... Sturgeons (Acipenseriformes) are ancient and endangered but valuable commercial aquaculture species. Due to an increasing interest in sturgeon aquaculture and breeding, especially for the production of caviar, a precise sex molecular marker is desired for the early sex identification of sturgeon. Because of the smallest size as well as the shortest sexual maturation period, the sterlet (Acipenser ...
- Abdollahpour, Hamed; Falahatkar, Bahram; Efatpanah, Iraj; Meknatkhah, Bahman; Van Der Kraak, Glen
- Aquaculture 2018 v.497 pp. 134-139
- Acipenser ruthenus; aquaculture; body weight; breeding stock; coconut oil; eggs; fecundity; females; gonadotropin-releasing hormone; hatching; intramuscular injection; larvae; larval development; luteinization; oocytes; ovulation; postlarvae; progeny; reproductive success; spawning; specific growth rate; sturgeon; thyroxine
- ... This study set out to examine the effects of thyroxine (T4) on reproductive success of female Sterlet sturgeon broodstock and subsequent growth and development of the larval offspring. Fish received four intraperitoneal injections of coconut oil (controls), 1 mg T4/kg body weight (BW) in coconut oil (T₁) or 10 mg T4/kg BW in coconut oil (T₁₀) over a 170-day treatment period. Ovulation was induced ...