Jump to Main Content
- Gao, Xiaoqiang, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.509 pp. 47-51
- Scophthalmus maximus; acetates; alpha-tocopherol; ambient temperature; dose response; fetal bovine serum; follicle-stimulating hormone; gene expression; luteinizing hormone; messenger RNA; models; penicillins; reproduction; streptomycin; turbot
- ... The relationship between vitamin E and gonadotropin hormones (FSH: follicle-stimulating hormone, LH: luteinizing hormone) in turbot was conducted by providing vitamin E through primary pituitary cells in vitro. Pituitaries were sampled aseptically and digested with 0.25% trypsin-EDTA for about 15 min at room temperature, and then were placed into the L-15 Medium, containing 5% fetal bovine serum, ...
- Gao, Xiaoqiang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquaculture 2018 v.495 pp. 267-272
- Takifugu rubripes; adenosinetriphosphatase; alkaline phosphatase; aspartate transaminase; body weight; cage culture; condition factor; enzyme activity; females; fish; gene expression; genes; gonadosomatic index; growth performance; hepatosomatic index; males; messenger RNA; metabolism; models; pyruvate kinase; rearing; recirculating aquaculture systems; somatotropin; specific growth rate; survival rate
- ... Tiger puffer (Takifugu rubripes) is a promising species for aquaculture production because of its high commercial value and limited supply. The growth performance and physiological metabolism of subadult tiger pufferfish reared in offshore sea cage aquaculture system (OSCS) and recirculating aquaculture system (RAS) were examined in this study. Results showed that the final body weight, specific g ...